Ohio USA - Amanda Tempel
has worked hard towards bettering her life in which she hopes will add to her chances at winning the 2010 Miss USA pageant. The 20-year-old attended her first semester of college at Kent State University majoring in Fashion Merchandising then transferred to The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash where she is planning on majoring in Pre-Business.
“This is a dream come true for me and 2010 is going to be the greatest year of my life! I am so happy to make so many people apart of this journey, ” Amanda Tempel stated. “Everyone has showed me such great support, especially my mom Stevie. I hope to represent Ohio to the best of my ability and make everyone proud!”
Believing that dreams do come true, Amanda Tempel uses her spare time to coach the St. Clement track team and is active in the The Girls On The Run Program in which is a program that is designed to help pre-teen girls learn about healthy eating habits, staying active, and respecting themselves. A personal goal that this beauty queen has set for herself is to run a half marathon in every state and to run a full marathon by the time she graduates college.
Tempel added, “I absolutely love to run! I have been a competitive runner for the past 8 years and will continue. You feel so good about yourself after working out, a feeling that you’ve accomplished so much!”