Kansas USA - Bethany Gerber
“I didn’t even hear anything,” Gerber said after being crowned Miss Kansas. “I didn’t know what was going on. It still doesn’t feel real. It’s shocking. Right now it’s just hardcore training for Miss USA.”

Bethany Gerber is a junior at the University of Oklahoma where she is majoring in Industrial Engineering and is working toward her Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering. She hopes to one-day gain experience working with broadcasting companies. However, at this moment Bethany has chosen to take a semester off from school to focus on her goals while being Miss Kansas , which include plans to help raise awareness about the importance of leading an active lifestyle and following a healthy diet to live a long and happy life. She brings that attitude everywhere she goes including to the St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital where she volunteers often and when she’s raising awareness for Invisible Children.
“I had a couple friends who went out for Miss Oklahoma, but I never thought the pageant scene was quite my style,” Gerber said. “Going in, I was hoping to just have a great experience that would open doors, maybe some opportunities for internships. It was a great confidence booster. The more I prepared for it and worked toward being ready for it, I wanted to win.”